According to Forrest Research, online marketing and advertising will continue to grow and then exceed current traditional media budgets (about USD 77 billion) through 2017. Businesses and organizations need a website to remain competitive. A website is the first place current and potential customers or prospects visit to learn more about you. Not having a website, or having a circa 1990 landing page, costs the business money.
Traditional website development costs
But hiring a web developer or site designer can be expensive. According to “Pro Website Development and Operations,” (2012) an experienced web developer may charge $1,000 to $2,000 per project. And he or she will ask you to sign a lengthy contract to complete the job. If you don’t like his or her work upon completion, your company may have need to chalk up the experience in the “total loss” category.
Build your own website
That’s one of the reasons a do-it-yourself easy website builder is such an appealing option! You start with pre-build site templates, add a logo and other customizations, or select from readily available starter content and images. Here’s how it works:
1. Visit http://www.web.com and click on “Websites.”
2. Select “Do-It-Yourself.”
3. Reserve a (free) domain name for the website, if you need one. Otherwise, type in an already reserved domain.
4. Select the services needed. Prices start at $3.95 per month.
5. Choose from more than 9,500 website templates.
6. Add your content and images or choose from a starter library and stock images. (Store unlimited photos, videos, music clips and files, or documents to make the site your own.)
7. Follow easy instructions to build the website.
8. Complete the process quickly to provide customers with your website address tomorrow.
Online tools to brand and build business
In addition to a DIY website, use domain-branded email accounts to communicate with employees, customers, vendors, and others. The number of email accounts per domain is unlimited and comes with a whopping 10 GB of storage for emails! Create a separate email account for info, sales, customer service, billing, accounts receivable–then read emails by category for maximum time efficiency.
Web.com has all the tools needed for growing business, including DIY website building, custom design consultations, and web host services. To improve search engine page ranks, elect SmartClicks search engine optimization and/or pay-per-click ad services.